This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: Direct Hire Authority (opm.gov)Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical assistance to staff for conducting resource assessments and the development of conservation planning alternatives on woodlands, utilizing guidance in applicable NRCS handbooks and the NRCS Field Office Technical Guide (eFOTG).
- Monitors programs and policies of Federal and state agencies on forestland use and management, including applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations to inform supervisor of potential conflicts or opportunities for collaboration.
- Conducts resource inventories, obtains planning information, identifies conservation opportunities, and assists in developing conservation plans and contracts consistent with land use needs and NRCS policy.
- Utilizes NRCS computer tools such as ArcGIS, and Progress Reporting System to document plans and their implementation.
- Contacts natural resource agencies (State Department of Natural Resources, forestry contractors, consultants, conservation districts, etc.) to formulate conservation plans related to woodland planning and installation of forestry related practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588113600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.