THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (Title 32), Position Description Number D1105000 and is part of the IL MILPO, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. The initial application cut off will be 13 January 2021.
As an HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (Title 32), GS-0201-9, you will provide technical expertise and guidance for all military personnel assigned in the state, and oversee the functions of one of the following human resource programs: Officer Personnel Management (OPM), Enlisted Personnel Management (EPM), Standard Installation and Division Personnel System (SIDPERS), or the Personnel Services Section.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Serves as an advisor to commanders on assigned unit human resources (HR) program.
- Interprets policy and provides procedural guidance to commanders, supervisors, staff members and individual military members.
- Provides training to supervisors and guidance and assistance to military members on program for which assigned.
- Conducts and/or participates in Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP), and unit mobilizations and de-mobilizations.
- Reviews, evaluates, and interprets regulatory guidance, policies, and procedures applicable to military personnel programs and provides guidance to all users.
- Publishes guidance to enhance and simplify completion and submission of personnel actions.
- Conducts periodic briefings for staff, commanders, and administrative personnel to promote full understanding of all aspects of the assigned program.
- Provides commanders, supervisors, and MILPO staff with a variety of statistical data or reports pertaining to military HR issues to assist in HR management decisions.
- Estimates and projects future travel and funding requirements and submits request to MILPO Director.
- Determines the methods and procedures for conducting military career guidance and counseling to ensure officer or enlisted personnel have an optimal and established career pattern.
- Provides direction, information, and/or counseling to MILPO staff, commanders of Major Army Command (MACOMM) through unit commanders, supervisors, as well as individual military members as required.
- Accomplishes and oversees the accomplishment of technical support work in the program area assigned with the assistance of subordinate employees.
- Performs limited supervisory duties which include assignment and review of work on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis; assure that production and accuracy requirements are met; approval of leave; effect minor disciplinary actions i.e., warnings or reprimands; identify training needs; and recommend performance standards and ratings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588107200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.