The U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) is seeking to fill a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) position. This position serves as a senior advisor to the agency, performing a variety of complex duties involving cybersecurity compliance and policy initiatives. The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) plans, develops, coordinates, implements, directs, and monitors a comprehensive cybersecurity program of IT and systems support to the agency.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures the goals of the Information Security Office are met through the security and performance metrics within the FISMA scorecard.
- Performs confidential and complex assignments relating to sensitive policy/program matters.
- Directs and implements the planning and coordination of Continuous Diagnostics Monitoring (CDM) activities to include FISMA compliance, FEDRAMP designations, reporting, security engineering guidelines, remediation tracking of cybersecurity.
- Advise CIO and senior management on cost-benefit analysis of information security programs, programs and processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on cybersecurity aspects and threats
- Review and develop Security System Plans, Plans, Objectives, Actions and Milestones.
- Ensure that the information technology and management requirements prescribed by OMB, FISMA, the Clinger-Cohen Act, etc., and future requirements from other sources are implemented appropriately at MSPB.
- Develop communication processes and procedures, write comprehensive in-depth summary reports or other working documents relevant to the area in support of the program activities
- Manage a comprehensive, compliant computer security program.
- Manage and direct the activities of a subordinate staff of IT specialists in providing cyber and information systems security support to integrated systems, services, and customer support to all MSPB offices.
- Ability to present recommendations, plans, proposals, and conclusions persuasively and convincingly, clearly communicating technical issues in non-technical terms, and maintaining effective communications and interpersonal relationships.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588105100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.