*THESE POSITIONS ARE BEING ADVERTISED THROUGH THE DIRECT-HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR Noncompetitive Temporary and Term Appointments to Meet Critical Hiring Needs in the Department of Defense.Learn more about this agency
*These positions are a temporary position not to exceed 120 days but MAY be extended up to 18 months.
- Hold orientation talks, environmental education programs, and conduct walks using a variety of audio visual and other equipment used in connection with interpretive materials, e.g., projectors, cassettes and video equipment.
- Greet and inform visitors and answer questions about park facilities and resources.
- Direct visitors with problems, questions or complaints.
- Educate visitors regarding rules, regulations and safety concerns to gain compliance.
- Duties are performed on or off-site at location designated by the project manager, e.g., park amenities, remote locations, schools, etc.
- Assist in the operation of special events.
- Perform operations and maintenance activities related to natural resource management/environmental stewardship, e.g., wildlife habitat/food plots, trail and planting bed maintenance, natural resource surveys, etc.
- Perform operations and maintenance related to recreation management, e.g. beach maintenance, recreation area inspections and correction of noted deficiencies, etc.
- Perform operations and maintenance related to flood risk management, e.g. obtaining and reporting water level readings and outflows, working on dam slopes, dam tower security checks, etc.
- Assist with the administration of service contracts for grounds maintenance, trash removal/facility cleanup, park attendants, and vegetative management and law enforcement.
- Work closely with volunteers regarding all above items.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588102500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.