OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
**If you are a Current, Permanent VA employee, please apply under Announcement MA-10995481-21-HP**
GS-5: $34,916 - $45,393
GS-6: $38,921 - $50,598
This position is located at the Rockford VA Clinic, 816 Featherstone Rd, Rockford, IL 61107
The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) supports the provision of patient care using telehealth technologies which increase a Veteran's access to care and support a Veteran's self-management. This includes developing and delivering virtual and digital technologies which help Veterans communicate synchronously and asynchronously with their health care teams and coordinate, track and manage their health care. This position is typically stationed at a clinical care delivery site (VA Medical Center, CBOC, VA Outreach Clinic, etc.), with duties that may require travel.
Health Tech (Telehealth Clinical) duties include:
- Preparing medical and telecommunications equipment to be used for clinical examination and treatment.
- Serving as a telepresenter within scope of practice during clinical video telehealth (CVT) and VA Video Connect (VVC) encounters.
- Collecting data and transmitting them electronically for clinical review in accordance with VHA national guidelines.
- Taking measures to ensure patient care is delivered safely by following appropriate procedures for inventory management.
- Completing standardized clinical questionnaires and templates within scope of training and applicable guidelines.
- Receiving and scheduling requests for simple and complex intra-facility, and inter-facility telehealth appointments using an electronic resource-based scheduling system;
- Screening patients for Telehealth modality and referring patients that do not meet established criteria to appropriate care.
- Monitoring and maintaining schedules of rooms, patients, technologies, clinical providers and presenters as needed to ensure efficient telehealth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clinical and administrative staff at the assigned local site and those located at remote sites of care.
- Configuring, installing, troubleshooting, cleaning, and performing minor routine maintenance of assigned telehealth technology.
- Providing established education and training to Veterans, staff and providers on the use of telehealth technologies and serving as a point of contact to answer questions and address concerns related to these technologies.
- Maintaining knowledge of and skill in applying an extensive body of rules, procedures, and operations in telehealth-related technologies and a variety of computer hardware and software used for telecommunications, data entry and retrieval, record maintenance, document and report generation.
- Maintaining regular contact with other staff members and the Facility Telehealth Coordinator to work out process issues, equipment needs, problems, data collection and any other logistical issues.
- Arranging and completing test video calls with Veterans to prepare the Veterans for clinical encounters using telehealth technologies.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Part time, Monday through Friday, Day shift, 16 hours per week.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: Not Authorized
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588094800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.