Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Financial Specialist position is located in Direct Leasing, Real Estate Management Division within Security and Administrative Services (SAS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected, you will serve be responsible for deciphering, analyzing, and evaluating financial information for SAS real estate programs. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing analysis and evaluating financial information retrieved from the core accounting system, agency travel management system reports, etc., for all SAS programs in order to provide sound advice and technical expertise concerning financial matters with travel nexus to all levels within the organization.
- Monitoring and reviewing organizational real property-related financial activity on a daily basis; securing funding, matching invoices, defining, planning, and organizing reviews of financial audits of completed real estate action to ensure appropriate payment and validity of rental payments, tenant improvement payments as well as travel claims. Preparing and reviewing reports for use by management and SAS upper management.
- Supporting and leading efforts to develop and maintain workforce understanding of the agency’s real estate management systems and related financial processes and procedures.
- Conducting both routine and in-depth research of the full range of financial topics as they relate to policies, procedures, appropriations law, and regulations in support of agency real property management requirements.
- Maintaining a high level of proficiency in a variety of software tools in order to complete assignments, direct assignments, and develop high quality products for consumption by management.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower Pay Band (Pay Band G/H) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
This position is also being announced through Public (US Citizen) procedures under Announcement #HQ-ES-SAS-20-793775-P. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588076100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.