This position is locaited in the Headquaters (HQ), Defense COmmisary Agency (DeCA), Policy Directorate, Business Analytics DivisionLearn more about this agency
This a developmental position. Work assignments are progressively complex and intended to broaden your skills and provide you with practical experience to prepare you to perform at the target grade level. At the target grade level, the major duties are:
- Function as a Statistician in the Business Analytics Division, a future-focused, data-driven department chartered with improving all aspects of sales, supply chain and multi-channel initiatives by leveraging big data.
- Primarily responsible for analytical modeling, simulation and optimization projects to discover insights and identify opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization technique.
- Develop prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of complex data sets.
- Plan and implement inter-agency support agreements (ISA), memorandum of agreement (MOA), memorandum of understand (MOU)and other contractual agreements necessary to achieve the mission, which could require gaining approval from other government agencies.
- Create the necessary methodology to project results accurately at each organizational level, modifying the process as needed to account for unique internal operational conditions, major demographic changes, and significant shifts in the competitive marketplace.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588072300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.