About the Position: This position is located with the U.S. Army Research and Development Center (ERDC), Information Technology Laboratory, Software Engineering & Informatics Division, Computer-Aided Design and Building Information Models (CAD/BIM) Technology Center.Learn more about this agency
Supervises and leads a branch staff comprised of approximately 20 computer scientists, computer engineers, and support staff.
- Supervise and provide technical direction to meet the mission of the branch which is to: research, develop, refine, validate, compare, and apply architecture and engineering computing methods and algorithm designs.
- Support USACE mission with the use of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) cutting-edge immersive technologies to enable immersive computing capabilities and virtual collaboration for Building Information Modeling (BIM) model visualization.
- Act as the coordinator of Tri-Service and Corps-wide CAD/BIM systems, providing leadership to advance the Tri-Services and USACE to the state of the art in exploitation of CAD/BIM.
- Guide the development of contracting architect-engineer firms and supervise the evaluation of technology improvement submissions from vendors
- Conduct performance evaluations, recruit new personnel, initiate promotion and award actions.
- Direct workload and build teams for successful project execution.
- Mentor and provide developmental and training opportunities.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588002100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.