This Open Continuous Announcement allows acceptance of applications throughout the year with eligible applicants being referred for consideration when vacancies occur. Your resume and any documents submitted will be retained for three months and may be used at any time during this period. After 3 months, you must reapply to this announcement in order to be considered.Learn more about this agency
Contact the Albuquerque Area IHS Recruiter:
Michelle Aguilar Bowser
These positions are located in one of the Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service facilities, with duty locations varying across the state of New Mexico, and reports to the Supervisory Clinical Laboratory Scientist. The incumbent is responsible for the Pre-Analytical, Analytical, and Post-Analytical application of established laboratory procedures in accordance to regulatory guidelines for examinations of blood, and other body fluids in the clinical laboratory. Work assignments are in such specialization as chemistry, hematology, coagulation, serology, immunology, urinalysis, microbiology, and immunohematology.
- Use appropriate functions of the laboratory package, including ordering patient tests and accessioning tests ordered by the provider.
- Withdraws appropriate quantities of blood by venipuncture, capillary, and/or arterial puncture as required using appropriate age specific techniques.
- Evaluates the specimen for integrity and analysis.
- Analyzes quality control specimens, record results and determines report ability of results.
- Follows accreditation standards, regulatory agency requirements and institutional policies regarding blood borne pathogen, internal/external disaster policy, infection control, chemical hygiene, fire and electrical safety.
- Sets up, operates and/or utilizes appropriate equipment, instruments, containers and other devices and materials to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of substances.
- Prepares solutions, stains, reagents and media required for the conduct of tests/examinations.
- Interprets and evaluates results of tests/examinations in process and upon completion in order to recognize anticipated reactions and departures from the norm.
- Exercises professional judgment and experience in determining the causes or possible significance of improper or imprecise outcomes and in repeating or altering procedures and techniques to correct abnormalities and deviations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587942700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.