This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.Learn more about this agency
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
- Perform basic and applied research on solar and solar wind activity on the geo-space environment and AF systems.
- Lead, formulate and conduct basic and applied research through analysis of space, air and ground experiments, in order to develop innovative techniques in space-based hyperspectral imaging data collection and analysis.
- Coordinate and perform complete studies and analysis to support Space Control Operations. Coordinate and perform space control analysis functions and projects required to support current and future space control operational requirements.
- Utilize scientific inquiry in development of software tools as required for Space Control analysis. Attend meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning, advanced technologies, and support system concepts.
- Conduct applied research in area of modeling and simulation of various threats to satellites in orbits and possible defense or mitigation of these threats.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587915600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.