The Assistant Inspector General for Information Technology/Chief Information Officer (AIGIT, CIO), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Social Security Administration (SSA) provides executive leadership to OIG's information technology (IT), data capabilities and analytics, and cybersecurity functions encompassing a comprehensive range of executive and administrative programs, initiatives, and responsibilities.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent provides executive-level recommendations, guidance, and support to the Inspector General, and is responsible for the planning, formulation, adoption, and execution of policies, objectives, and goals relating to IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity functions.
As the AIGIT, the incumbent:
- Provides executive leadership and direction in the planning and execution of OIG's IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity functions.
- Provides expert advice, guidance, assistance, and recommendations to the Inspector General (IG) and other senior staff in the planning and implementation of IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity programs and initiatives, including researching and recommending improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs.
- Provides executive oversight for national IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity programs. Program areas may include, but are not limited to:
- - Data governance and data management projects and initiatives, and strategies and policies for improving data quality.
- - Physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident reporting, security compliance, security training and awareness, and critical infrastructure protection.
- - IT security policies and procedures.
- - Systems and operating environment, including security plans, managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
- - Processes to select, implement, and continuously monitor specified controls, and documentation and implementation of security requirements.
- - Controls for specific system elements and documentation in security and privacy plans, including reviews of regionally developed applications.
- - Risk assessments and access control, audit trail, security, and disaster recovery plans.
- - Access control mechanisms.
- - Hardware and software management.Strategies, architectures and implementation plans for key enterprise security systems supporting zero trust architecture, including Identity Credential and Access Management.
- Provides executive oversight for OIG data collection and associated policies to ensure data assets provide a strategic benefit to decision-making.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive IT and data strategy to contribute to OIG's future growth and improvement.
- Provides executive oversight for efforts to improve the quality of the data upon which the OIG relies.
- Reviews existing and proposed legislation or regulations and policies to determine the effect on the efficiency and effectiveness of IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity programs, and makes recommendations for associated changes to those programs.
- Makes recommendations for updates to OIG policies, standards, and guidance related to IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity. Provides policy, standards, and oversight of implementation to accurately and securely protect IT and data assets.
- Provides expert advice on implementing policies, standards, and processes to enforce the design, development, and implementation of IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity that may affect multiple platforms, Intranet, Internet, telecommunications, and other IT related services.
- Works collaboratively with other OIG components, including the Office of Investigations and Office of Audit, to ensure efficient and effective OIG operations with respect to IT, data analytics, and cybersecurity.
- Reviews risk and vulnerability assessments of IT systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587856000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.