THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC LEADER (T32), Position Description Number D1548000 and is part of the AL 117TH Air Refueling Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: 117TH, BIRMINGHAM, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: SMSgt S. HARRIS
(1) On a regular and recurring basis, leads three or more aircraft mechanic subordinates in performing all phases of repair and reclamation on aircraft systems and equipment, utilizing lifting bags, cranes, hoists, slings, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
(2) Monitors work of assigned personnel, sets the work pace, conveys work assignments, and assures that materials, tools, equipment, and stock are available. Coordinates and works with aircraft mechanics, and performs journey level work as required.
(3) Assures that assigned personnel are fully utilized and work is accomplished in accordance with established time frames and priorities. Checks work in progress and/or upon completion for compliance with the supervisor's instructions, appropriate technical orders, etc. Serves as a technical advisor by answering questions regarding appropriate procedures, policies, written instructions, and other directives. Assures that safety, housekeeping, security, and other environmental rules are followed.
(4) Advises the supervisor of overall work operations, status and progress of work, causes for delays, problems encountered, and individual performance (e.g., additional on-the-job training requirements for individual employees). As requested by the supervisor, provides functional planning for the inspection docks. On a daily basis, recommends adjustments in work schedules to provide optimum utilization of personnel in support of functional requirements.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587840900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.