This is a Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Commerce, Office of the Secretary (OS), Office of General Counsel (OGC), Commercial Law Development Program division (CLDP), Washington, District of Columbia. This Attorney-Advisor will engage in cutting-edge legal reform work around the globe by helping to expand CLDP’s work on programs related to the information and communication technology (ICT) sector, under the DCCP. (https://www.state.gov/digital-connectivity-and-cybersecurity-partnership/). CLDP's team of Attorney-Advisors advise on the range of commercial legal reforms, drawing on their own expertise and that of world class experts in our network.
- Manages and expands legal technical assistance portfolio related to the information and communications technology (ICT) sector, through research legal reform technical assistance program activities that meet the host countries' development needs.
- Serves as the representative for CLDP at stakeholder, interagency, and international meetings to coordinate policy reform efforts and technical assistance.
- Works in partnership with foreign government officials to develop and support technical assistance programs under the State Department’s DCCP, by organizing programming on matters relating to the deployment of new technologies, telecommunications regulations, data management laws, and digital economy issues.
- Uses appropriate project management tools and tracks implementation progress, anticipating and identifying issues as they arise and concurrently developing optimal solutions with a view of sustainability.
- Identifies and works with pro bono experts on specific sub-issues, from within the U.S. Government, private law practice, industry, academia, the NGO community, and elsewhere.
50% or less - Up to 50% of travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587826300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.