This position is in the Office of Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations (AIE). The AIE manages, supervises, coordinates, and conducts audits, inspections, and evaluations relating to Department of the Interior (DOI) programs and operations, including, but not limited to, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in such programs and operations of the DOI employees, contractors, grantees, lessees, or any other persons or entities doing business with the DOI.Learn more about this agency
As an Auditor, you will lead, plan, and perform complex audits, inspections, and evaluations of DOI programs and operations. In doing the following, you will contribute to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the DOI.
- Plans, performs, and leads complex projects, which include reviewing and auditing procedures, systems, and/or programs for efficiency and effectiveness and determining the extent of compliance with laws, regulations, and policies. Develops or assists in the development of audit and evaluation plans. Adapts the plan to fit special circumstances encountered.
- Determines relative significance of findings developed, assures that work performed supports conclusions reached.
- Develops practical recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepares audit, inspection, and evaluation work papers, interview summaries, and briefing materials covering review findings. Synthesizes final report to include material submitted by team members according to established guidelines.
- Briefs internal management orally on the work performed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587818700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.