Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Contract Specialist position is located within Contracting and Procurement (C&P), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If you are selected for this position, You will provide oversight of broad contracting program activities affecting key Contracting and Procurement strategic program objectives. Typical assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the execution of contracts and supporting documentation (e.g. justifications and authorizations, determinations and findings, protests and disputes, etc.) to ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations.
- Serves as liaison and develops cooperation with agency- level offices regarding large-scale acquisitions and procurement actions which have agency-wide impact and affect key TSA strategic program and operations.
- Prepares recommendations on major contracting matters that interpret, extend, or revise significant elements of contracting actions.
- Formulates and justifies new statutory initiatives to address unique problems, meet newly emerging acquisition needs, and resolve critical procurement process problems.
- Evaluates overall program effectiveness by conducting contracting oversight functions such as negotiating modifications for contract changes, costs, workload trends, exercise of options, resolving contractor delays in performance, contractor performance assessments, subcontractor surveillance, disposition of claims, and similar matters.
Supervisory/managerial responsibilities include serving as a first line or higher level supervisor typically over multiple unit/project/program within a major subdivision; strategic planning of a mixture of routine and challenging work; assigning tasks and responsibilities and evaluating work and performance of subordinates; coaching and developing employees; approving leave; taking or approving corrective/disciplinary actions; managing budget and assigned resources including leading and integrating the planning process for short and long term requirements applying a detailed knowledge of the technical work as well as budget, human resources, and applicable policies and processes; developing and approving solutions to current and anticipated problems independently and establishing new policies/procedures or making exceptions to policies/procedures that impact the strategic
objectives of the Office, major subdivision, or TSA as well as internal and external customers.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587771500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.