About the Position: Serves as a senior environmental service support manager for the Environmental Service and Support Division (ESSD), US Army Environmental Command (USAEC) and technical expert consultant on environmental service requirements at assigned installations within the ESSD Region. This interdisciplinary position may be filled under the following series, depending on the qualifications of the applicant and the needs of the agency: 0401, 0801, 0810, 0819, 0893, 1301.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a senior Environmental Support Manager and is the key consultant on all environmental service requirements for assigned installations/projects.
- Provide environmental services and support related to compliance, conservation, restoration and pollution prevention.
- Develop technical solutions to environmental problems and issues to meet applicable state, host nation and US laws and regulations, DoD directives, US Executive Orders, and HQDA policies and regulations.
- Design and execute cleanup projects and provide expert technical support and expertise to help ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and Army regulations and policies.
- Review and analyze governing policies, procedures and relationships and determine their relevance to assigned installations within the region.
- Provide oversight and/or conduct investigations at sites with unique restoration problems, analyzing and interpreting data which requires a firm understanding of sampling methodologies, and technologies needed to remedy the contamination.
- Monitor cleanup program progress; recommend and initiate corrective action when problem areas impact performance, schedule and other applicable requirements.
- Manage technical and cost aspects of awarded contracts in the role of Contracting Officers Representative (COR).
- Develop and maintains accurate current fiscal year (and rolling 5-Year Plan) contract plans in coordination with the installation project teams for assigned installations for both ER,A and OMA (CC) funded cleanup projects.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 30% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587732100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.