This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Soil Dynamics Laboratory (NSDL) in Auburn, Alabama.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for providing economic evaluation to support research to develop farm production methods that reduce environmental impacts while maintaining or increasing farm profitability. The incumbent works with an interdisciplinary research team addressing agricultural production challenges.
- Designs and develops appropriate mathematical/statistical/numerical methodologies for characterizing and quantifying parameters needed for economic evaluation of agriculture production systems.
- Develops/Implements computer programs and software for studies in economic evaluation of agriculture production systems.
- Maintains in appropriate files literature searches, experimental design and plans, techniques and methodologies, and achievements that document orderly research progress for subsequent reference.
- Analyzes and Interprets synthetic and field data with appropriate mathematical/ statistical/numerical methodologies for economic evaluations.
- Prepares written documentation for technical reports and publications including literature search, methodology, interpretations, results, summary, and conclusions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587724100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.