This position is located in the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Office of Management Services, Division of Information Technology. The duty location for this position is in Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
For more information about AHRQ, click the "Learn more about the Agency" Box.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during open and closing date of this announcement.
As a IT Specialist - Info Sec you will formulate, implement and administer an IT security program consisting of standards, procedures, policies, and guidelines designed to protect information from unauthorized access.
Specifically, you will:
- Leading and directing identification of threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to AHRQ's Cloud infrastructure and sensitive data, and proactively addressing imminent threats to prevent risk exposure and disruption to AHRQ's mission.
- Overseeing the functions of AHRQ's Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Enclave for all IT security monitoring and compliance operations.
- Coordinating with staff and contractors and serves as an expert advisor to program specialists and the CIO in the design, evaluating, planning, developing, implementing and maintenance of software/applications and hosting infrastructure technologies on premise, cloud hosted, and services solutions.
- Formulating agency-wide policy, establishes goals and objectives towards achieving the transition to current IT systems, and develops Agency-wide plans and strategies to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Providing expert advice, counsel, and instruction to management on cybersecurity issues and conducts decision-type briefings, as required, to perform missions and achieve goals and objectives.
- Developing policies, plans, and procedures to ensure the continued reliability, security and accessibility of systems, network, and data infrastructure.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587707600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.