This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA Cloud Security Branch .
- Provides expertise in the area of software intensive systems, engineering and development to include application architectures for migration to visualized server and cloud computing/mobile environments, enterprise communications infrastructures.
- Provides expertise in distributed computing infrastructures, web and enterprise applications/services, open source software and interpretation and application of software standards support interoperability/portability.
- Participates in the planning, development, and maintenance of applications and services, performing systems life-cycle activities required to turn a set of requirements into capabilities.
- Determines technical feasibility within a working group environments, to provide systems support for the acquisitions of software intensive systems.
- Coordinates efforts, provides advisory service, and perform reviews requiring extensive contacts with key officials and top engineering and scientific personnel.
- Evaluates material and systems in order to determine actual or potential weakness or deficiencies and to evaluate unexploited or underutilized features.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587685900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.