The FCC is an independent United States government agency, directly responsible to Congress. The FCC was established by the Communications Act of 1934 and is charged with regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable. The FCC's jurisdiction covers the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. possessions.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent directs and coordinates the Enforcement Bureau programs in the Office of the Field Director, Region 2 (Southeastern U.S.) and assures efficient accomplishment of all technical, managerial and service functions. Incumbent will review the Regional organization, assignment of functions, etc., and implement changes to strengthen operations.
- Directs and coordinates the Regional inspection, monitoring and investigative programs and assures best utilization of available resources for the overall enforcement program.
- Provides direction and guidance to Enforcement field agents and technical staff regarding policy interpretation, priorities and work load assumptions.
- Plans work to be accomplished by Field Agents, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assists the Field Director in planning and directing enforcement activities.
- Provides policy guidance and leadership over complex and controversial enforcement actions.
- Receives assignments from and works under the general administrative direction of the Field Director.
- Consults with the Field Director, Deputy Field Director, Bureau Chief and Bureau front office management in the planning, direction and execution of programs within the Region.
- Provides operational oversight of the Field Offices in Region 2, ensuring that their assignments are completed consistent with established bureau policy.
- Conducts on-site visits to Offices to ensure Field Agent, Field Staff, and facilities and equipment compliance with current bureau guidelines.
- Prepares, justifies and presents to the Field Director budget requests for Region 2 and assists in defending these requests within the Commission.
- Reviews and recommends final sanctions based on investigative case material submitted by the Offices and provides supporting information leading to the final development of final judgments based on target replies ensuring that the action is consistent with the public interest and bureau and Commission policy.
- Represents and speaks for the Field Director, as delegated, in relationships with Divisions and other Bureaus and Offices which affects, or are affected by, engineering, technical and enforcement considerations.
- Has authority, as delegated, and is held responsible for the Field Director for planning and scheduling policy and action recommendations for Commission considerations.
25% or less - Occasional travel to conduct outreach or perform on-site inspections of Enforcement Bureau field office facilities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587650800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.