The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division, is responsible for providing a technically secure environment for the President at the White House, Vice Presidential Residence, and such places that the President and Vice President may be temporarily located and providing technical security for other protectees during travel and at their residences, as directed or requested. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division is seeking to hire talented individuals to provide overall program and project planning, coordination, management, and quality assurance for interrelated technical areas including, but not limited to: chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives (CBRNE) threat detection and countermeasures; infrastructure protection; and protective equipment for CBRNE safety.
If selected, you will serve as a scientist on specialized projects and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in developing, formulating, planning, managing, directing and executing operational programs, thus promoting best practices and enhancing the agency’s investigative and protective missions.
- Develop, test, and evaluate tools, systems and protocols for the detection, containment and disposition of CBRNE materials;
- Participate in interagency ad-hoc working groups for CBRNE detection and protection protocols;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assure that mission requirements and performance metrics are met, utilizing best practices and applicable scientific methods to ensure “real time” data/information throughout the contract/program life cycle;
- Prepare and provide briefings for USSS leadership and other stakeholders;
- Support fixed-site, temporary-site and laboratory operations;
- Prepare operational and maintenance specifications and guides for end-users; provide training and technical briefings to end-users regarding the use, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment; and
- Support the development of contract requirements and the administration of contracts.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587642000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.