This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Office of Civilian HR, Diversity and Leadership Directorate, Office of Civilian Workforce Relations in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist providing guidance to immediate staff in 10 different locations and to management throughout the Coast Guard. You will administer the Coast Guard-wide programs for the areas of labor relations, employee-relations, performance management, and awards and recognition. This role includes ensuring that these programs are responsive to management and employee needs and function efficiently and productively.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Managing the highly complex and dynamic labor relations and employee relations programs which includes involvement with appellate processes and requires significant coordination with management and legal on sensitive and controversial matters having potential for costly and long-term litigation.
- Recommending or establishing policies, operating policy, and resulting standard operating procedures for program areas. Developing policy changes, directives, and actions needed to meet the needs of the Coast Guard.
- Formulating long-term plans and initiatives to meet the needs of the organization and to assure compliance with statutes and labor agreements. Completing reporting requirements on program initiatives.
- Participating in meetings, conferences, panels and committees inter/intra the Coast Guard. Recommending and formulating policy, discussing policy implications of issues and decisions, and strategizing approaches to unusual or precedent problems.
- Providing technical and administrative supervision to office members and performing the full scope of supervisory duties. Supervising staff in developing strategic approaches to systematically evaluating and improving work processes and service delivery.
- Managing enterprise-wide awards and recognition program and performance management program for approximately 9,000 employees.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587598300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.