This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration(VHA), Mid Atlantic Healthcare Network (VISN 6), Durham VA Medical Center (VAMC), and is the Chief of Health Administration Service (HAS).Learn more about this agency
Duties and responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to the following:
- Provides leadership and direction for effective, uniform, and economical accomplishment of business office functions.
- Directs operations in such broad areas as ensuring financial and insurance data collections, maximizing authorized and appropriate billings and reimbursements.
- Directs Health Administration Programs in broad patient administration areas, providing resource allocation data and related interpretation for assessing the management of budget and other resources; determining eligibility of patients for care; admitting patients; providing technical and administrative support to physicians, nurses and other primary care providers; maintenance and evaluation of medical records; assuring legal requirements for care are met; discharging of patients.
- Works with chiefs of clinical services/ service lines and other administrative services to ensure that work of Business Office/ HAS is integrated with the work of other services.
- Advises top management concerning VHA/VISN and medical center policies, procedures and resource allocations, especially in medical and patient administration matters.
- Oversees implementation and monitoring of automated programs which capture patient workload data for use in management' s short and long range plans for the facility and which directly impact resource distribution and budget projections.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Administration Officer/PD024660
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587515600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.