This position is located in the Office of Trade and Labor Affairs (OTLA) in the Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB). The incumbent will serve as the Supervisor for the Monitoring and Evaluation Division with responsibility for managing, coordinating, and implementing all technical and administrative functions related to their assigned division.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Major duties for this position include but are not limited to, the following:
- Directly supervises a staff of several International Relations Officers who are primarily at the GS-12 through GS-14 levels.
- The incumbent is responsible for and managing, coordinating, and implementing all technical and administrative functions related to their assigned division. This Includes management of all activities in the division, development of policies and programs, maintenance of good public relations, and making independent decisions within broad agency and office policy.
- Assists the Director or Deputy Director in conducting short- and long-term strategic planning and organizational performance management activities.
- Leads and manages the day-to-day business operations of the division in areas such as procurement, finance, administration, personnel and human resources, document clearances, travel, public outreach, and coordinating with the other divisions In OTLA and other offices in ILAB and the ILAB Administrative Officer on such matters.
- Assists the Director or Deputy Director in monitoring and evaluating office programs designed to advance workers' rights, working conditions, and/or livelihoods for workers. Systematically evaluates the performance of DOL/ILAB/OTLA technical assistance, policy programs, engagement, remediation, negotiating, and other strategies and plans and using evaluation findings and recommendations to make appropriate adjustments to plans to ensure achievement of the office's intended objectives.
- Leads the development and implementation of studies, analyses, and instruments to measure progress in strategic planning, performance monitoring, evaluation, and data systems.
- Oversees OTLA data governance and use of policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Oversees OTLA evaluation and audit initiatives and programs and integrating best practices and lessons learned into strategic planning and program activities.
- Leads the OTLA contribution to the ILAB Learning Agenda and related publications.
- Serves as senior OTLA official and liaison to the Office of the Chief Data Officer for data issues and related information systems falling within the office's purview, exercising official approval authority and administrative actions related to this role as needed.
- Provides expert advice and guidance on strategic planning, performance monitoring, and evaluation of OTLA programs and corresponding data analysis and information systems, in areas that require extensive interpretation for many different and sometimes unrelated processes and methods.
- Keeps abreast of international and USG best practices related to strategic planning, performance monitoring, evaluations, data, and information systems, and facilitating their incorporation into relevant initiatives.
Occasional travel - 5 percent of the time.
15 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587511900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.