This position is located in the Applications Service Line organization, Infrastructure Operations (IO), Health, Benefits, Memorial, Corporate (HBMC), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as an IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support: FIELD DEVELOPMENT and COTS INTERFACE.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - Software Developer 621; OPM Cyber Code - Systems Developer 632; OPM Cyber Code - Data Analyst 422.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10061A and PD10062A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Provide reporting and trend analysis regarding the support of VistA or VistA linked applications (COTS Applications and Interfaces) to the Division Chief, Service Line Manager.
- Reviews directives, policies, programs, enterprise-wide functional user requirements and acquisition strategies/vehicles for program related issues to determine the impact and implications in supporting information systems.
- Develops and/or provides technical analysis of new and emerging technologies and their implications on the short and long term IT planning within a the organization.
- Makes recommendations on implementation strategies to include sources, acquisition strategy, and fielding of applicable technologies for future systems.
- Applies limited functional knowledge of materiel acquisition, performance indicators, logistics, production base support, personnel, disbursement, reimbursement, executive message systems and energy consumption in developing new and/or improved information systems.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587499600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.