You will serve as a Distinguished Scientist or Distinguished Engineer in the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) of NAVAIRWARCENAC DIV.Learn more about this agency
*NOTE: Announcement Close date has been extended to 15-JAN-2021.
- You will provide policy direction, oversight and assessment for NAWCAD sustainment communities.
- You will ensure NAWCADs development activities and mission operations plan and execute with a sound sustainment basis with proper controls and management of technical risk.
- You will provide an independent view of program/project activity; including executability reviews.
- You will ensure direction to the program reflects the view of NAWCAD or where appropriate the Sustainment Technical Authority community.
- You will establish, monitor and approve sustainment standards, tools and processes; and approve changes to and waivers to all requirements.
- You will resolve sustainment issues and conflicts and ensure that decisions have the benefit of different points of view and are not made in isolation.
- You will support safety and mission success; supporting review of risk assessments, acceptance of risk at higher risk levels, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587482500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.