THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN SUPERVISOR (T32), Position Description Number D0786000and is part of the AL 117TH Air Refueling Wing, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: 117TH ARW, BIRMINGHAM, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MSGT A. JONES
(1) Planning: Plans and schedules specific work assignments on a daily or project-by-project basis within specified time requirements. Arranges for adequate personnel, materials and equipment to accomplish the work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains prescribed methods and procedures; instructs subordinates on new procedures and provides assistance on problems. Reviews work in progress and on completion. Obtains approval from supervisor for changes in standard or prescribed procedures and changes in work operations. Suggests ways or methods to improve operations or reduce costs.
(3) Administration: Recommends individuals to fill vacancies or for promotion or reassignment. Assists in the establishment of performance standards and makes recommendations for performance appraisals. Counsels with employees on disciplinary issues and recommends disciplinary action. Attempts to resolve informal complaints and grievances, referring unresolved or more serious issues to supervisor. Conducts on the-job training and recommends employees for formal training programs. Schedules leave and approves leave for short periods of time. Encourages employees to participate in suggestion or cost reduction programs. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed. Explains and implements such personnel programs as equal opportunity, position management, position description review, and labor relations. Maintains production reports and records.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory functions of the organizational segment supervised.
(5) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587474600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.