This position is located with the Office of Administration and Management, Workforce Relations Department at the Gallup Indian Medical Center in Gallup, NM. The primary purpose of this position is to manage and administer Employee and Labor Relations (ER/LR) services to the Service Unit of the Navajo Area Indian Health Service. Supervises HR Specialists (ER/LR) and has the responsibility for ensuring HR Specialist perform in the functional area and provide customer service.Learn more about this agency
- Acts as technical advisor on complex and controversial labor issues, grievances, and arbitrations.
- Determines the most appropriate principles, practices, and methods to apply in all phases of assignments, including the approach to be taken, degree of intensity, and depth of research in management advisories, frequently interprets regulations on own initiative.
- Leads or participates as a team member on complex investigations from inception to completion, ensuring investigation is completed thoroughly and on time.
- Write detailed, high quality reports and correspondence setting out facts of a case cogently, objectively and accurately and in appropriate detail, followed by a well-reasoned analysis and objective assessment of the evidence
- Exercise delegated authority and responsibility for the management and administrative oversight of the day-to-day activities, functions and program responsibilities and provides daily supervision over the HR employee/labor relations section.
- Plans and assigns work to subordinates, sets priorities, develops performance standards and evaluates performance, provides advice and counsels employees.
02/16/2021 Position Re-announced to solicit for additional applicants. Applicants who previously applied have the option to update their application during the re-announcement period.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587452700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.