This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Operations (CG-DCO), Assistant Commandant for Capabilities (CG-7), Deputy Assistant Commandant for Capabilities (CG-7D), Office of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5l) Capabilities (CG-761), in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (SYSANALYSIS) within the Office of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5l) Capabilities, you will be responsible for the requirements management life cycle process for C5l systems used throughout the Coast Guard, serving in outreach, education, and gatekeeper roles. This position, also, serves as the senior IT Specialist overseeing the processes and tools by which requirements are kept consistent with end user needs.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard Team. Typical work assignments include:
- Planning, documenting and implementing the decision making process that ensures that C5l capability needs are identified, documented and integrated through effective portfolio management.
- Overseeing all phases of requirements management, requirements definition, testing and evaluation ending with operational analysis, and ensuring traceability throughout the entire development process.
- Serving as the CG-761 representative to various policy and process working groups that stand-up to address relevant requirements management topics.
- Creating and updating software and logical flows to manage the oversight of capabilities provided by C5l systems.
- Providing outreach and education to various Coast Guard program offices on the C5l requirements management process.
- Developing and conducting training sessions, demonstrations, and classes on the C5l requirements management process.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587417200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.