This position is located in Region 5, Mendocino National Forest in Willows, CA. The incumbent is responsible for providing professional wildlife and fisheries expertise in the protection, management, and improvement of wildlife and fisheries within the framework of multiple-use management of forest and range lands.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Loren Everest at (530) 934-1250 or email@example.com.
- Inspect habitat improvement projects for compliance with approved plans in order to recommend habitat protection or improvements.
- Lead the design of fish and wildlife habitat and population monitoring studies and strategies to collect new data required for ensuring habitat and population maintenance.
- Review habitat management and improvement plans for technical soundness and adequacy in meeting overall wildlife and fisheries management objectives.
- Interpret program policy in terms of established objectives.
- Coordinate project work with other unit personnel taking into consideration wildlife and fisheries habitat requirements in relation to other multiple-use management of forest and range activities.
- Responsible for assigned area of public relation activities, such as speaking at meetings and participating in field trips.
- Ensure program objectives are considered with the wildlife and fisheries programs.
- Coordinate wildlife management activities with other resources in order to recognize problems that may develop and recommend preventative or mitigative actions.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and/or meetings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587403200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.