This position is part of the Office of the Inspector General, Government Publishing Office in Washington , District of Columbia .Learn more about this agency
The selectee will work shift 1.
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement.
- Evaluating complex complaints, information, or allegations received through the Office of Inspector General's (OIG's) Hotline or referred to the Office of Investigation through other means.
- Determining if complex complaints, information, or allegations are under the OIG's jurisdiction under the Inspector General Act, applicable laws, regulating and judicial opinions.
- Determining whether complaints, information, or allegations merit further investigations and the potential for criminal prosecution or other civil or administrative resolution.
- Independently planning, and coordinating and monitoring progress of complex criminal and civil investigations that include setting deadlines ensuring timelines, cost effectiveness and efficient use of investigative resources.
- Conducting in-depth complex investigations into crimes such as: bribery, false statements, misappropriation of funds, property theft, embezzlement, conspiracy, other possible fraud, waste and mismanagement schemes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587373400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.