As a Criminal Investigator, you will be apart of the Office of Personnel Management, Office of the Inspector General, Office of Investigations. If selected, you will be responsible for conducting investigations of fraud, waste, and abuse impacting OPM programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
- Plans and conducts investigations into allegations of criminal, civil, and administrative violations.
- Responsible for a broad understanding of the health insurance industry and practices of claim submissions, claim processing, and claim reimbursement processes.
- Responsible for a broad understanding of retirement benefits programs and the practices of disbursing funds to annuitants.
- Performs analysis of relevant medical claims data and financial transactions to develop an effective investigative strategy and plan.
- Conducts interviews, arrests, searches, and seizures in accordance with the U.S. Constitution, pertinent laws, regulation, directives and court decisions.
- Prepares comprehensive reports of complex investigations that are clear, logical, impartial, comprehensive, and written in a concise manner.
- Advises and/or assists prosecutors/attorneys with presenting facts and evidence and/or appearance before a legal proceeding.
25% or less - Travel as necessary depending on the workload.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587364100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.