THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST (T32), Position Description Number D1257000and is part of the AL SMO, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: SMMO, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CW4 M. WILLIAMS
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status/M-day personnel in the Alabama Army National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Army National Guard.
(1) Serves as a recognized authority on the repair and operation of various types of ARNG equipment. Provides instruction and assistance regarding equipment maintenance procedures, techniques, and methods as a part of the Maintenance Assistance and Instruction Team (MAIT).
(2) Provides advice, assistance, and guidance regarding maintenance management systems, material readiness programs, cost reduction programs, and maintenance shop practices in maintenance facilities. Receives reviews, and processes unit Army Material Status System (AMSS) reports and Missile Material Readiness reports and submits a consolidated report to the Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA).
(3) Prepares and conducts both classroom and on-the-job training designed to upgrade, improve, and/or update the knowledge and working skills of unit maintenance personnel. Develops, writes, updates, and teaches units of instruction for new equipment training. Evaluates training progress in areas such as basic mechanic principles; theories of equipment repair and modification; compliance with established procedures and directives; requirements for equipment maintenance records and reports; and proper utilization of equipment, personnel, funds, and facilities.
(4) Evaluates directives to ensure adherence to standard methods, conformity in maintenance procedures, and the proper use of maintenance equipment, facilities, and personnel.
(5) Reviews the effectiveness and efficiency of equipment and maintenance management and needs for improvement of existing practices and the impact on the overall maintenance program. Reviews and evaluates information in technical reports, logistical studies, supply data systems, and observations/inspections of maintenance organizations. Researches material pertaining to maintenance and maintenance management.
6) Performs hands on maintenance procedures to personnel on proper trade techniques, practices, and explains safety precautions involved in maintenance.
7) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587330100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.