The Director, Center Operations Directorate, manages the maintenance and operations of specialized facilities and related capabilities for development, acceptance testing, and certification of large rocket propulsion system and subsystems, as well as the technical and institutional services necessary for the conduct of NASA programs assigned to Stennis Space Center (SSC) and for support of other resident agencies.Learn more about this agency
This position reports to the Director, John C. Stennis Space Center (SSC). The Director of the Center Operations Directorate:
- Manages specialized facilities maintenance and installation operation program encompassing the planning, budgeting, implementation, evaluation, and review required for development, acceptance testing, and certification of large rocket propulsion systems and subsystems, as well as maintenance of SSC roads and grounds, operation of SSC utility systems, and custodial services for SSC facilities.
- Manages and directs the planning, design, and construction for Center facilities valued at $1 billion dollars to include restoration and modernization of facilities as well as new capabilities in the technology and commercial programs.
- Manages Protective Services which includes securing facilities and utilities; establishing and maintaining a comprehensive personnel, information, communications, industrial, physical security, and security engineering program; establishing security policy; and formulating a comprehensive SSC emergency preparedness plan.
- Manages a logistics function that includes both material supply and transportation. Material management includes the acquisition, storage, and delivery of supplies and equipment necessary for support of the Center's operation and mission; establishing and operating a system for accountability of personal property; and ensuring effective redistribution of disposition of excess property. Transportation involves moving equipment and personnel both on and off site as dictated by program requirements; supplying equipment rigging services and lifting equipment certification; and managing and controlling all on-site mobile equipment
- Manages and provides oversight to the operations and maintenance of information technology systems used in support of the areas of propulsion test engineering, technology development, commercial programs, other propulsion test programs as appropriate, administrative data systems, and network systems.
- Manages laboratories and services required to support and accomplish the Center's assigned programs.
- Manages and directs compliance with environmental regulations and the operation of the medical and occupational health services programs.
- Manages all SSC real property activities, real property accounting, master planning and facility space utilization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587291300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.