This position is located in the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership, and subject matter expertise, in planning and executing information technology management work in the areas of Enterprise Architecture (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Azure), Cybersecurity compliance and risk mitigation, Policy Planning and Project Management.
As a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK SERVICES) GS-2210-14, your typical work assignments may include:
- Reviewing existing operational processes and techniques, identifying deficiencies, and proposing solutions for any problems found, performing cost/benefit tradeoffs for those solutions, and developing transition plans to implement the solutions.
- Coordinating and providing oversight to government and contractor network personnel to resolve complex problems and operating malfunctions involving various hardware components and network operating software failures.
- Orally presenting findings and recommendations, to justify, present, and defend policy positions, and to represent the work in policy defining meetings.
- Performing assessments to proactively assess NLRB's evolving business needs and developing short-term and long-term growth plans to assure that the organization's future networking needs are met in a reliable, secure and cost-effective manner.
- Planning the work to be accomplished by the unit, assigning work to employees, and establishing production or quality standards for the unit's work; conducting formal performance reviews; and identifying and providing for the developmental and training needs of employees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587284600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.