THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach.
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Develop and modify civil engineering plans and specifications for new construction.
- Prepare designs and preliminary layouts, such as road design, bridges, retaining walls, drain structures, buildings, etc. to improve utility, quality, appropriateness and appearance of construction.
- Evaluate design objectives, identify economic and efficient procedures for civil engineering projects.
- Determine a project's costs, methods, techniques, material, and equipment for effectiveness in reaching the organization's objectives.
- Provide technical advice as the contracting officer's representative to ensure contract compliance on projects.
- Inspect civil engineering projects to ensure safety standards, health and regulatory requirements are followed.
- Participate with Contracting Officer in pre-construction meetings to review contracts, discuss any contractual issues and resolve any difficult and complex problems with contractors.
- Confer with contractor's representatives about construction practices and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587259500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.