The Chief Financial Officer reports to the Agency Deputy Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with coordination to the Center Director at Langley Research Center and is responsible for planning, analysis, accounting, and control of the of Center resources, in addition to enterprise-wide duties.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Financial Officer:
- Serves as a member on the business and financial community's senior management council responsible for setting strategic goals and monitoring execution.
- Serves as the local leader and point of contact for all Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) enterprise services that are delivered at the center.
- Leads teams that formulates and executes the Center's budget as required by the Center Director,
including serving as strategic advisor to the Center Director and leadership and delegation of fiscal and fiduciary authorities.
- Supervises the OCFO team located at the Center along with associated budget for labor, procurement, and travel.
- Assures reliability and accuracy of financial management activities and records, implementing all aspects of the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990 (CFO Act) and other applicable financial management regulations.
- Provides overall direction of Center resources including planning, programming, budgeting, and accounting. Develops and approves a comprehensive Center plan for budget control and effective utilization of resources.
- Provides the integration, analysis, oversight, and financial management of Center resources. Provides overall direction for overview and analysis of the Center's financial workforce requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587255100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.