This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will identify the data requirements for current and emerging targets to support the validation and execution of lethality and effectiveness modelling and simulation.
- You will identify methodology and intelligence requirements for new damage mechanisms for kinetic/non-kinetic effects including, but not limited to lasers, high power microwave, hypersonic missiles, cyber and electronic attack.
- You will develop, execute, and lead highly complex tests and experiments for the purpose of collecting the required data for validated vulnerability inputs for lethality models.
- You will design, execute, and lead multi-disciplinary methodology tasks involving testing, hydrocode, and engineering studies and developments to solve difficult and unique technical problems.
- You will ensure the resultant data and applicable methodology meet the needs of the acquisition and operational communities.
- You will identify new sponsorship opportunities and secure future funds to fulfil vulnerability requirement needs and to diversify branch funding sources.
- You will provide forward looking strategic oversight and direction in model development and testing to meet anticipated future needs in vulnerability assessment.
- You will participate in technical reviews across multiple levels within the organization; this includes peer reviews with the team in preparation for sponsor reviews.
- You will represent the agency at high levels within DOD, with the responsibility and authority to defend the warfare centers position, influence resource allocation, and provide future direction in assessing future threats of interest to the DoD.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587216300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.