This position is located in the Deputy Commandant for Operations, Coast Guard’s (CG) CYBER Command, Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
You will be responsible for the planning, analysis, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, and procedures; and also ensuring that security policies, procedures, and standards are applied across multiple IT specialties in direct support of USCG Missions as well as the agency’s IT architecture. You will also be responsible for providing on-scene leadership and guidance in reducing Cyber risk and defending the Coast Guard’s network.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility, and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Developing systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Implementing, deploying, and maintaining and administering CG’s portions of the DoD Information Network and IT infrastructure.
- Applying cybersecurity principals to reduce attack and vulnerability risks to CG systems and networks.
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587182200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.