This position is located with the Agricultural Research Service, Animal Disease Research Unit in Pullman, WA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will conduct applied research on several pathogens that produce persistent infections in livestock.
- Conduct independent research with a focus on controlling ticks and tick-borne diseases that impact livestock.
- Conduct research on livestock tick-pathogen and/or tick-host interactions.
- Conduct research to investigate vector competence of tick-borne pathogens of livestock.
- Provide expertise on tick biology and physiology to contribute to a diverse array of collaborative research.
- Oversee the rearing of ticks required for research in ADRU, including the establishment and maintenance of new colonies as needed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587120000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.