Who May Be Considered:Learn more about this agency
Pathways Student eligible
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer assists CISA leadership in building an organization and workforce that is effective, agile, and able to respond to emerging risks and challenges in support of mission accomplishments.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
Selected students will assist senior HR specialists in all areas of federal human resource management, with focus on one of the following specialty areas: recruitment, staffing and classification, talent acquisition, workforce planning, executive resources, workforce support programs, employee training and development, HR information systems, benefits, policy and programs, or employee and labor relations.
Major duties in this Student Trainee position may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing new hire case files, draft and extend tentative job offers, coordinate security investigations and drug testing, draft and extend firm job offers, coordinate and establish entry-on-duty (EOD) dates, communicate with new hires, and assist with new hire orientation.
- Manipulating and retrieve personnel data from various personnel databases for reports or other uses by HR specialists.
- Performing fact-finding research, documents findings, and assist HR specialists with the preparation of employee or labor relations cases.
- Consolidating reports, perform statistical analysis, create and maintain spreadsheets or databases, design data analysis and charts, prepare briefings, letters and memos; maintain files and guides.
- Providing technical and administrative duties in support of training courses.
- Attending job fairs and internal functions as a representative.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586914500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.