About this position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.Learn more about this agency
These announcements are for deployment tours varying length with 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used when under a Temporary Appointment.
All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total.
- Act as Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) or delegates ACO duties representing the Contracting Officer.
- Participates in design review conferences to discuss construction aspects or problems.
- Serves as construction engineering advisor to the Chief, and coordinates construction activities assigned to the district.
- Coordinates with Engineering Branch in providing detailed review of plans and specifications prior to advertising to detect errors, omissions, conflicts, etc., pertaining to constructability.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates; sets priorities; and, prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Oversees all contract construction work in the district under the general direction of the Chief, Engineering-Construction Division.
- As Chief, is responsible for the accomplishment of field and office engineering functions required for an outside continental United States (OCONUS) construction program.
- Manages the contract construction program through subordinate staff.
- Directs the technical aspects of the construction program through area and resident engineers.
- Maintains contact with area and resident engineers to establish sequence of operations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586646300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.