This position serves as an economist for Forest Service Office. The position provides professional economic analysis, technical advice and support to program staffs.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Kawa Ng at 202-603-7002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duty station will be determined at time of selection.
- Plans and designs complex economic analyses for assigned projects or plans, including a framework for collection and analysis.
- Develops written reports of analyses which describe findings and recommendations for understanding by both experts and those with no background, education or training in the field.
- Completes analysis processes and documentation in compliance with NEPA, NFMA, and/or other applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for the consideration of economic concerns to lower graded specialists and to non-specialists.
- Utilizes economic expertise to research and develop strategies and analysis techniques to more effectively address various aspects of resource-based economy including timber markets, recreation, grazing, minerals and other natural resources issues.
- Responds to national level requests for economic analysis including regulatory analysis for rulemakings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586581200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.