This is a non-bargaining unit position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Small Business Administration, Office of Field Operations - Region IV in Birmingham, Alabama. The Outreach and Marketing Specialist works with assigned groups, organizations and partners whose constituents and/or members may benefit from the use of Small Business Administration (SBA) programs and services.
The Outreach and Marketing Specialist (OMS) actively engages in:
- Marketing SBA programs and services through outreach, training, and education to various organizations and small business;
- Participating in outreach, training, education, development, lender recruitment, and consultations with all lenders in the district;
- Supporting senior specialists in collaborative alliances and partnerships with resource partners, economic development organizations and small business owners;
- Assisting in monitoring co-sponsorships;
- Furthering the SBA mission;
- And, other tasks as assigned
Physical Demands: This position combines an office environment with extensive outreach activities. Incumbent is expected to lift boxes of hand-outs, information packets, computers and other items that can weigh up to 40 pounds. Required to transport, set-up and tear-down displays and/or other equipment at trade shows, training sessions and other locations.
Work Environment: The work is performed in a variety of rural and urban environments (office, hotels, warehouse, factories, farms, faith-based and community-based locations, construction sites, restaurants, garages, laboratories, etc.) and may incur exposure to moderate risk, discomfort and unpleasant surroundings. Protective clothing and gear is not required. This position requires long periods of travel using multi-modes of transportation including operation of a motor vehicle (GOV/POV). Required to travel extensively throughout the District including frequent early morning, evening and occasional weekends and overnight travel. May be required to travel outside the District. Incumbent requires a valid driver's license.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586580700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.