This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
This is an agency-wide position, which is comprised of several geographically separated divisions with a nationwide force: Infrastructure Security Division, Cybersecurity Division, Emergency Communications Division, National Risk Management Center and several organizational units. Typical work assignments include:
- Applying advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices sufficient to develop and interpret policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services.
- Applying IT systems security principles, concepts and methods, including state-of-the-art and emerging techniques and products, to recommend appropriate technical strategies to resolve complex and persistent IT security challenges.
- Serving as an expert consultant evaluation for functional teams, to assist them in anticipating, identifying, evaluating, mitigating and minimizing risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
- Implementing higher-level security requirements such as those resulting from laws, regulations, or Presidential directives. Integrates security programs across disciplines.
- Developing plans for long-range solutions to funding and staffing problems, identifies work to be contracted out, and participates with top-level management/senior executives in the development of CISA-wide goals and objectives.
- Developing performance standards for the personnel in the Division.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for up to 5 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586348300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.