As the Acquisition Program Specialist you will serve as the medical center liaison and advisor on contract related services focusing on critical clinical and healthcare services, product acquisition and support services required by project managers, program managers, upper management and stakeholders on all aspects of procurement for a wide variety of items to include specialized services.Learn more about this agency
You will render expert contract pre-award and post award expertise to all administrative and clinical services within the medical center and supported catchment area. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops procedures, policies, and supporting artifacts to ensure procurement activities are consistent with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), VA Acquisitions Regulations (VAAR) and other federal procurement laws and regulations;
- Conducts analyses and recommends courses of actions to ensure that vision clinical and administrative service requirements have addressed considerations such as construction, budgeting, supporting manpower and other factors;
- Provides training to the facility Contracting Officers on procurement policies and new processes and procedures related to procurement;
- Establishes, expedites and reviews consolidation of all procurement packages including unique, emergent and complex requirements to meet timely and technical needs of assigned acquisitions;
- Develops and conducts presentations/recommendations to leadership and other stakeholders to explain regulations and procedures;
- Negotiates performance requirements among multiple sites and service lines in order to obtain agreement, standardize enterprise equipment, supply and/or service requirements in support of strategic acquisition plans;
- Establishes and maintains controls to ensure that contracts are executed in accordance with terms;
- Advises on all phases of negotiation with the contract specialist/contracting officer for contract modifications, change orders, supplemental agreements and delivery order processes including requirements, definition, justification and approval for service contract extension, method of contracting, evaluation of proposals and all phases of contract administration; and
- Monitors quality assurance surveillance plans to ensure that contracted services meet the expectations and needs of the facility.
Work Schedule: 7:30AM to 4:00PM or 8:00AM to 4:30PM (Monday through Friday)
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Acquisition Utilization Specialist/PD91190A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Occasional travel - CBOC Activations etc.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586312500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.