The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule
GS-13/14 assignments may include:
- The incumbent serves as an Operations Research Analyst or Statistician
- Participating as an analyst in full range of quantitatively oriented studies that may involve highly sensitive issues of major importance to Secret Service programs and operations.
- Investigating the objectives of the analyses/studies and determines the relevant criteria and methods to be used.
- Providing judgements concerning the validity of assumptions made and the criteria by which alternatives will be evaluated.
- Performing studies on subjects that require in-depth probing of the subject matter to establish objectives.
- Preparing study plans outlying approaches for studies and other assigned analytical investigations.
- Designing, planning and executing surveys.
- Determining the need for and the design of statistical and mathematical approaches for the purpose of arriving at reliable and adequate conclusions.
- The incumbent assigned to the grade below the full performance level will receive practical on-the-job experience and formal training to achieve developmental goals.
Vary - Promotion potential dependent upon selected grade.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586303400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.