The Exploration Technology Directorate (T) at NASA Ames Research Center is currently seeking a highly skilled Administrative Specialist. The specialist will perform a wide range of customer service and administrative functions; the work requires analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and knowledge of a substantial body of administrative or program principles, concepts, policies, and objectives.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an Administrative Specialist for an executive directorate advising on or resolving a range of operational and/or strategic issues.
- Utilize a wide range of subject matter practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents and uses a range of analytical methods to identify, evaluate, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Provide written and oral communication sufficient enough to develop and deliver briefings, project papers, status, staff reports, and correspondence to managers to understand and accept findings and recommendations.
- Research, learn and apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve products and services.
- Plans or coordinates administrative or subject matter work which requires the application of administrative, subject matter or program area knowledge.
- Prepares final administrative and/or management reports; prepares, reviews and finalizes domestic and international travel orders.
- Develops, implements, and/or maintains organizational records; serves as the property and records manager.
- Maintains the Directorate's websites.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586298600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.