This position is located in Pine Ridge, SD. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to nursing personnel in the performance of nursing activities and in Surgical Services. Is responsible for meeting established Unit Standards of Nursing Practice and promoting team work with primary care providers, personnel of other departments and patient community. This position is not approved for standby duty, works on regularly assigned or standby schedule.Learn more about this agency
- Preforms intra-operative duties. Ensures aseptic technique are maintained during surgical procedures; initiates ACLS measures and implements emergency measures, as needed and conducts proper needle and sponge count before and after each procedure.
- Preforms various duties in preparation for surgical procedures. Assists in transporting, moving, and positioning patient; assists in the care and handling supplies and equipment, confers with surgeons concerning instruments, sutures, prosthesis, and special equipment to be used, and ensures aseptic techniques are used in preparation of the materials, equipment and instruments before surgical procedures
- Preforms various postoperative duties. Ensures equipment is disassembled, sterilized, cleansed and stored correctly, ensures collection of medical waster, sterilizes equipment; and sends specimens to laboratory.
- Participates in problem solving to make improvements in the delivery of patient care in collaboration with the staff and nursing administration.
- Provides patient and family education which includes counseling and assisting the patient/family to understand and accept implications of care, diagnosis, and treatment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586263100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.