The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee will serve as an Information Technology Specialist in the Office of the Chief Information Officer. Typical work assignments include:
- Installs, operates, and maintains Secret Service data networked equipment, components, operating systems and applications software, such as, personal computers, printers, scanners, local area networks, servers, tape back-up systems, wide area networks, routers, switches, hubs, leased circuits, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, network management systems and wide variety of other types of networking equipment.
- Develops network backup and recovery procedures; Analyzes and defines network requirements. Defines and maintains network architecture and infrastructure; configuring and optimizing network servers, hubs, routers, and switches;
- Designs, recommends, procures and installs enhancements to the data networking and enterprise server architecture;
- Develops formal operating methods and procedures to facilitate proper functioning of the network at both the user and network level;
- Acquires, configures and maintains local area network servers for offices throughout the Secret Service.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Vary - Promotion potential dependent upon selected grade.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586211600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.